Monday, September 1, 2008

Fall Fashion Must-Have's

Over the last few months, there have been a growing stack of fashion magazines on my bedside table. They have been there waiting patiently for me to open them and really read them, not just carelessly peruse the way I have been. I just don't seem to have the time for things like that anymore. Makes me wonder why I think I'll have time for this blog.....but anyway........I finally got the chance this weekend to spend some quality time with Bazaar and Vogue (July/Aug/Sept. Issues!!!). The fall fashion outlook has really made me excited to go shopping!

Here are a few of the things I really need to get for the upcoming fall and winter season. This is a running list. Care to help me add to it? I would love to hear what you are buying this season!

1. "Shoetees"- A combo of the lace-up boot and shoe-"Anyone who's anyone"(ha) is wearing these. I have seen some great looking ones in the department stores already!
2. Platform Pumps - I've seen many in the mags that look like they'll go with black/brown/charcoal . I need versatility with my wardrobe.
3. Black patent tote
4. Trench- I have many, but I think it's time for a refresh
5. Black cashmere sweater- I have a beautiful Ralph Lauren with a ruffled neckline that is looking rather tired these days. I need a new one!

What's on your list for fall?

2 comments:

  1. I think I know what you mean by the shoetees, but I may be thinking something different. I have my eye on a Burberry plaid trench all done in beige and browns. My husband keeps trying to put me off until Christmas, but I don't know if I can!
    I just bought a great Lamb black bag, I wish I had known patent was in style...I love it when it is out of style!
    A good stacked heel is always stylish. I need to make a trip to Nordstroms and see what is going on in their shoe department soon. You can't have too many shoes and I am loving that charcoal and black combo.
    Do black cashmere sweaters ever go out of style? They always make you look polished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shooties are the cross between a pump and a bootie. I've seen a few in an oxford style that look interesting.

    A Burberry trench sounds like a great choice! Would look lovely with the black cashmere sweater for sure :-))

    I have a really nice trench that I got in Paris but it's hot pink and more spring-like than fall.

    Maybe I'll check out that Burberry number!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative