Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yum! Fishies!


I wish I could take credit for this one, but I got this idea from Christopher's teacher. Miss Sarah decided to do something innovative with Jello. Their monthly theme was "undersea creatures" and all of their projects corresponded to water, the sea, an the animals that lived beneath.

They decided to make an edible "bowl of fishies" using Jello and Goldfish crackers.

Christopher was so excited about this! We had to recreate the experience at home.


Well, unfortunately I didn't have any blue jello on hand to serve as the water. I only had raspberry. I also only had the multicolored goldfish, and Miss Sarah used just the gold colored crackers.


But, nonetheless, Christopher really enjoyes making the jello and putting the fish in it!!


I can't say that I'm looking forward to tasting it once it sets, though :-))


5 comments:

  1. What a cute idea though! I always loved how creative preschool teachers were when my kids were in there. You never know, it might be very tasty! Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. came across your site looking at local blogs. here's an interesting cooking blog for you - http://orangette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bridgett- We had this for dessert this evening and all I can say is "yuck"!

    The parts without the goldfish taste fine, but the taste of cheddar just does not go well with raspberry!

    But Chrissy ate it right up!

    Uncle Wally- thanks for stopping by. Hope you visit again. I see you are with the D&C. My son Chris was in the "Pittsford Life" section a few weeks ago. I wrote a post on this blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check back from time to time. say, what kind of marketing did you do?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a worldwide marketing manager for digital cameras and digital frames at Kodak.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative