Friday, October 24, 2008

Peace and Quiet at last...And I have nothing to say!


I don't know about anyone else, but the best blogging ideas come to me when I have absolutely no time (or free hands!) to actually type up a post. I am typically writing my posts with little Joe in my lap anyway. He seems to have a very keen sense for when his Mom is blogging. He doesn't like it at all. Not one bit. He wants all of my attention, as often as he can get it. And you know, he is just so beautiful that I have to stop whatever it is that I'm doing and smother the poor little bugger with kisses.

Christopher and Joe have both gone to bed. The house is pretty quiet, with the exception of that annoying fuzzy/humming noise those pesky, yet necessary, baby monitors make.

Yesterday, on October 23, Greg and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary! We had a fantastically romantic evening out at the four star restaurant "Champs", with both kids in tow
(please note the sarcasm here!). I have to say, my dinner was lousy! I ordered the balsamic glazed chicken. I was hoping for something on the lighter side, and this was about the only entree (apart from the salads) that appeared "healthy". Well, it wasn't. I came with two ginormous scoops of garlic mashed potatoes that I swear were sitting around for hours, and a veggie side dish that was way overcooked. Nonetheless, our evening out really wasn't about the food or the ambiance. It was about celebrating the life we have made together, and these two beautiful kids we've brought into this world together. They are the most precious little beings we've ever laid eyes on, and they make us both so very, very happy.

When Greg and I first got married, we were not really sure if we wanted to have children. I personally will admit that I spent most of my adult life feeling as though I was not a "kid' person and hence would probably not ever have them.

All I can say is thank God for my change of heart!!! What would I do without these two little guys??? Sure, I would have a quiet and very neat house all the time. I would have a dream wardrobe. I would have complete control of my life. I would have all kinds of time for writing thoughtful posts on my blog (what would my blog even be about without them? Marketing?!?!? Boring!!!).

Thank you Christopher and Joseph for making your Mom and Dad the two luckiest people alive. We are so very blessed to have you!!! XOXOXOXO

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both! 9 years is definitely worth celebrating and just think, you are nearing a decade together. It goes by so fast, I think. We are nearing our 15th next month and I wonder where the time has gone.
    I was in the same boat as you thinking I didn't really want kids all that much. Funny how a simple change of heart brings happiness.
    Sorry your dinner didn't taste so good, but it sounded like you enjoyed the evening out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary Irene I got a Profile too. I love your blog. Wonderful pictures and great stories too.
    Hope you and your whole family is doing well.

    Best wishes Britta

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative