Saturday, October 18, 2008

Peet's Coffee! Not bad but not great either

Yesterday, a package came from my Mum with a ton of goodies for the boys, and a pound of Peet's for Greg and I ( thanks, Mum!!! You are too nice!).
I have been wanting to try Peets, but have not really made much of an effort to go and find it anywhere. I know Wegmans sells a few different varities, but not the whole range. With such great local places like Parkleigh http://parkleigh.com/ and Canal Town Coffee Roasters who carry their own coffee, you really don't need to search very far to find a good brew.
I was really excited to brew up some Peets today. I am sipping my first cup as I type this post, and I have to say I like it, but I don't love it. It won't replace my favorites like Parkleigh Private Blend, or their Kenya AA.
I love coffee, but have never been a fan of the blends that are bitter or really strong. I am a bit of a wimp, I like my coffee really mild yet flavorful.
Nonetheless, this cup of coffee is going down real nicely, after a night of many awakenings due to a little baby with a stuffy nose!!

1 comment:

  1. While Peet's has a few good blends, it is really a hit and miss with them. I do enjoy their Major Dickinson's blend and their holiday blend as well. I'll stick with my illy in a pinch though ;) How is baby feeling?

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative