Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009








Had a great trip to Michigan this year! The kids did really well in the car. It does seem like it's getting easier to travel with these two little guys. They watch DVD's and eat snacks the whole way. Helps to keep them occupied.
This year we left on our journey after work on wednesday and stopped in Port Huron for the night. Mike, Andrea, and the girls also stopped there on their way to NY. Was awesome to see them and spend some time catching up!
The next day we got to Oma's house where Stefan was already there! He enjoyed using my Zi8 video camera and showing us his new laptop. Mike, Jeanette, Sam and Seth arrived a few hours later. Once dinner was over, Jeanette and I got cracking on the pies for Thanksgiving dinner. 2 pumpkin, 2 apple, 1 pumpkin pecan, and 1 blueberry. I really enjoyed helping with those. I love to bake and it was a great way to unwind after all of that driving! They turned out great!
Dinner was fabulous too. Erika did a lot of cooking, and everything was delicious.
I really enjoyed myself this year. Told myself before we left on Wednesday that I was not going to get stressed out over the kids being out of their routines. And I didn't. So glad I just let all of that go!! You are only there for a short period of time and before you know it you are back to the grind.
Enjoying family and having fun is really what it's all about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative