Thursday, April 11, 2013

Feeling spring-y in the city

We had great weather this past weekend, so we decided to take advantage of it, and head into the city for a bit. We are really enjoying living in such close proximity to NYC. We knew the boys would LOVE to see the legendary FAO Schwarz, so we centered in on this as our destination for the day. Boy, were we right. I think we spent over two hours in that store! It was fun. We checked out all of the cool (and terrifyingly oversized) candy, the Lego displays, the Skylanders, and of course all of the action heroes. The kids really loved it.

Given we would be on 5th Ave, I thought it would be a great opportunity to have my beautiful watch that Greg gave me for our first wedding anniversary serviced at Tiffany. I love this watch, and it's been several years since I've been able to wear it. The strap had been torn from wear, the buckle broken, and the battery dead. I think it had been that way since we had the kids. I had brought it in to several local jewelers back in Rochester, but none would service it. So, in my drawer it sat.
Finally getting it back in working order has been wonderful. I feel like I have a brand new watch!
My awesome watch, finally restored.
Subway First-Timer

Boys at FAO

1 comment:

  1. Love your watch.


    If you get a sec, check out my latest post.

    Sofia

    stylishlyinlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative