Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thanksgiving Floral Centerpiece Workshop

I've always wanted to attend a workshop on flower arranging. For one reason or another, I've never actually made it to one. This year, when I received the email from Abma's Farm announcing that they would be holding a workshop for Thanksgiving centerpiece-making, I couldn't sign up quick enough!
Abma's, without doubt, is one of my favorite places in Bergen County. We haven't lived here long enough to know all of the good places around NJ, but we are definitely fortunate to live so close to this awesome farm. They hold workshops all year on various flower-related DIY things, so I will certainly be on the lookout for future projects as they come up.
Here are some pictures from this mornings' event. There were 15 people and we each had a workstation in the greenhouse. A mother-daughter team was across from me, and I had a fellow novice on my right. The two of us had a good time laughing at how we aren't good at this at all.
Cathy instructed us, and some of the young girls who work there weaved in an out of us as we were working to assist with design as needed. I'm pretty happy with my final product!
Lots of gourds to choose from!
I wanted something other than orange
Amanda cut our gourds for us, be we gutted them ourselves, and gave our guts to the compost pile
Ready!
Oasis is in! 
Some of the flowers I selected
Cathy assisted me a bit. Gave me the 3-5-7 rule.
Work in progress- they told me I needed more filler!
Final product!!


4 comments:

  1. It came out so good - definitely pin-worthy! I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen! I hope you guys have a great TG too!

      Delete
  2. Your arrangement turned out really nice. I would have never thought to place flowers inside of a gourd. Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative