Sunday, January 5, 2014

Birthday Party Ideas

This year, I am hosting Christopher's birthday party at my house. While it seems unheard of these days, I know several people who have done it for their kids with great success. My guess is that it will become one big play date, and that I will not need to have too many structured activities planned. I am planning a few good ideas, and have been pinning away so that I can cull down to the short few.

1. Photobooth:
I am thinking this will be fun to do! I have pinned a few ideas, and the backdrop should be super-easy. We have a party store right in our town, and I'm pretty sure I can get everything I need right there (or Michael's may have it too). Since the party is a football theme, maybe the streamers can be green and white like the field, and the boys can do football poses for the camera.
Remaining question will be- how do I print these things so the kids can take them home? Or do I just send out a photo album to the kids' parents? Not sure yet!
Source: http://lovelyindeed.com/photobooth-backdrop-streamers/
2. Games
I will have many planned, but also know we may not actually get to them. It's good to have a bunch of things ready to roll in case you need to deploy (aka kids getting bored), but I've heard from everyone that parties go by really fast! 
- I am going to get small LEGO sets for all of the boys as favors, and will have them build them. Once done, a prize can be awarded to the kid (or kids if we do teams) who did the best job.
-Pin the tail on the donkey. This is a classic! I am going to see if there is a more modern theme (I've seen Angry Birds versions).
-Guess the number of LEGO in a jar, closest gets a prize. I saw this idea on one of the awesome blogs I follow, Calypso in the Country.
Source: Calypso in the Country

-Football Helmet pinata- we already found it at Target- so check!!
-For prizes, we can get sports-oriented things like trading cards, NFL Stickers and Books, and other goodies like that.

3. Food:
Chips, dips, pizza and a New England Patriot's cake.

Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my Lego guessing game! I have had a crazy week and I am just getting around to visiting all the blogs! Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your week!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative