Friday, April 4, 2014

Standing Desk

This week I decided to join the trend of standing at my desk part of the day at work. Article after article has been written about sitting all day and the negative impact it has on our health. I think most corporate people will agree that it just *feels* unhealthy to be sitting all day at the computer. I don't have a fancy set-up or any special equipment for my standing desk. I just use the filing cabinet that was already in my office. It's a skosh bit too high by most ergonomic standards, but I haven't had any issues yet. My cube-mate is also standing at her desk. I find that I feel much better because I'm on my feet for over half of the day. I usually stand at my desk in the morning when I get in, then have some sitting time (whether meetings or just at my desk), and then stand again in the mid-afternoon until it's time to pack up and go home. My afternoons feel a lot more productive and I feel healthier!

2 comments:

  1. So cool! Someone at my work just jumped on that bandwagon too. I feel so incredibly unhealthy sitting all day. This is definitely something I may consider :)

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative