Monday, September 8, 2014

Mom and Dad

Yesterday was Grandparent's Day, and I can't help but think about my own parents and how I wish they were here with us. My Dad died of ALS in the 1990's when very little was known about the illness, and many people had never even heard of it.  I recently lost my Mom to breast cancer, and she did not go down without quite a fight. My parents were the most wonderful people. They had a lovely, happy marriage and it reflected in their love for each one of their children. I can't even describe how much I miss them. My Dad had only met Greg once while we were dating, and had passed away before my wedding. And while he's never met my kids, I see resemblances of him in both Chris and Joey. Thankfully my Mom was here for the birth of both of my kids, and they remember her dearly. I see my mother's smile in Christopher. Her eyes were always so beautiful and sparkly, especially when she smiled. Christopher has the same exact smile!! I see my Dad's ability to understand complex concepts, and strong mechanical inclination in Joey.

These pictures are from scanned Kodachromes of my parents' honeymoon in Bermuda. These are very special photos to me. My Dad had this picture of my Mom on his dresser for as long as I can remember. And this photo of my Dad is just so classic! He was always known for his fashion sense and was dubbed "the best-dressed professor at UMass!" (he was especially known for having great shoes :) ).

Mom and Dad, I miss you more than words can say. Thank you for being my guardian angels. I will love you forever. xoxoxo.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative