Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Getting Ready for Valentine's Day

Christopher surprised us on Valentine's morning with this handmade card


This year, the boys had more Valentines to write out than ever. We got a jump start (for once), and actually wrote out all of the Valentine cards on Saturday. Christopher wrote out all of his own, and what a difference it makes having him be able to do it all himself. I helped Joey do his cards, though he insisted on writing out a few of them (which were later deemed illegible, thus I re-wrote many and finished off his pile for him). He gets an "A" for trying, though.

Counting their Valentines
Carefully checking his list over to be sure no one is left out
Given this was the first year we actually had the basics done in advance (as opposed to the last minute, night before, frantic searching for the list routine), I thought it might be a nice touch to "plus up" with some baked goods for their friends at school.

My sweetie loves to bake with me.
So, I made the trusted sugar cookie recipe that everyone loves, and enlisted the help of the kids to place the glitter on the heart shaped confections for their friends.
As an added touch, I placed one cookie in a treat bag, along with the Dark Knight Valentine and a matching pencil for every one of Christopher's friends. Since Joey's class all made Valentine-holding contraptions out of tissue boxes, we are just bringing in a plate of cookies for the class.


And of course, I couldn't forget my friends at work. They make me laugh and smile every day and I thought they'd like a sweet little surprise. 
I love these little paper treat bags


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had some great help!!
    Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
    Have a fab weekend Hun xoxo
    http://www.intotheblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative