Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Easter Jars and Cupcakes

I found these really cute bunny cupcake picks and wrappers on one of my morning stops into The Market Basket. This has to be one of my favorite places in New Jersey and I think I stop there maybe twice a week on my way to work. It's a grocery store and a specialty shop all in one. But it's small. It kind of reminds me of a combination of the best of Pittsford Wegmans and Parkleigh - two of my fave places in Rochester. The only negative I would say about this place is that you don't want to go on Sunday- EVERYONE goes on Sunday! Christopher will be making his First Communion in May, and we are having Market Basket cater his luncheon based on recommendations from a lot of locals.
I used the Bunny cupcake kits for Serena's birthday on Friday. I broke out my cake decorating tips for these cupcakes! Got a lot of "oohs and ahhhs"- I love how cute designs can make ordinary cupcakes seem extra special.


I also decided to try out glass etching. After seeing the many lovely mason jar gifts that my friend Jenny has made, I was inspired to finally try it. I had wanted to do it for Valentine's Day, but never found the time. So I told myself that while we are out on Spring Break, I would do something! I bought a Martha Stewart Glass Etching Kit at Michael's as well as jars and was surprised by how easy it was. I thought that my etchings turned out kind of faint, so next time I will load up the stuff a bit more over the stencils. I bought some paper tags, and a cute bunny stamp, and put them on everyone's jar. Then I filled the jars with Eggs and a chocolate bunny- pretty much a big hit!


All you need is adhesive stencils, tape and etching cream. Very easy - not messy either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative