Saturday, April 5, 2014

Fairy Garden Workshop

This is the second Greenhouse workshop that I have attended at Abma's Farm Market. I really love this place! The lovely Catherine who runs these workshops is really funny, and always lends great advice for gardening! Today's workshop was their infamous "Fairy Garden" class. One of the girls at my table told me that today marked her FIFTH of the Fairy Garden Workshops, and that she tries to make them all if possible. So, we get there, and we are told to pick out a container. Abma's has some pretty excellent ones to choose from, but I stuck with a basic model. You could also bring one of your own if you wanted to. Once we had a container, we could peruse the vast array of "Fairy Things".... let me tell you there were shelves and shelves of gnomes, fairies, mushrooms, animals, bird houses,  fairy houses, flowers, benches, and all sorts of fantasy. I decided to stick with small little animals for my container garden.


If I decide to attend another one of these, I may move on to the "advanced" fairy-ness for my garden. After we had our miniature animals and figures, we picked out our plants. I chose tete-a-tete's and small purple and yellow pansies. Once we planted, the ladies gave us gravel for the top, and then we could place our figurines inside the pots. Mine came out really cute, but next time, I'm bringing Joey. He loves projects and would have really enjoyed this. I'm still kicking myself for not bringing him!

My finished garden. Joey re-arranged all of the animals later!
Old copper fire-pit that one woman brought for her garden!
After the workshop, I made my way up to the market, and brought home a good amount of organic fruits and veggies, as well as their delicious made-on-site donuts for Greg and the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kiki and co. creative